Re: tlug: Failed at the first post.

Stewart Dow wrote:
> I want to create a new partition of about 500MB onto which I want to install
> Linux but the fips utility is saying that the biggest partition I can make
> is 90MB.   The problem lies in a few random sectors that the Windows 95
> defragmentation utility refuses to move.

If you haven't deleted the files yet, my recommendation (probably best
in DOS only mode):

attrib -r -s -h c:\*.* /s

That should make all files movable by defrag.  If you really want to
know which files it was that had the system attribute that defrag
refuses
to move, just drop the '-r -s -h' to get a listing of the attributes of
all
the files on your hard disk.
--
Howard
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691