tlug: Sparc PROM question

I'm moving a Sparc 4M here over to Linux (this will be our first,
experimental Coda server in the Law Faculty at Nagoya U).  After
into a snag.  This will sound pretty foolish to folks that are
used to the Sun, but here goes ...

How do I get to the PROM prompt at startup?  The system is trying
to boot from the now-reconfigured partitions, and hangs part of
the way through.  There must be a key combination that you can
mash as power-up to get to the PROM prompt, but I haven't struck
on it, and the RedHat manual inexplicably contains no mention
whatever of how you GET to the PROM prompt.

Argh.

ARGH!

Can anyone help?

Frank B
Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)