Re: tlug: kanji or romaji for Japanese? (was: parallel-port IDE)

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Scott Perlman wrote:

> I'm not a linguist, but I think we're looking at different tings in teh
> languages diverging/converging.
>

> Everyone on this list has probably been accused of talking to much tech
> stuff.  There is a different vocabulary used by people who do a lot
> with computers than those who don't.  window, text, jump, log, all have
> differnt meanings.  Is this turly a seperate dialect?
>
> Not yet, but it could become one.

I think it already is.  Many people say that they can't understand
'computer people' already.  Iris says she doesn't want to come to TLUG
meetings because "We don't speak English, we don't speak Japanese, we
speak Linux", as she puts it :)

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)