Re: tlug: Re: multi-processor linux configuration ?

On Oct 14, 11:43am, Cliff Miller wrote:
} Subject: Re: tlug: Re: multi-processor linux configuration ?
>> > Note that Andrej Sali mentioned they were going to use Clustor, which I
>> > know well as it's the commercial version of the Nimrod system developed
>> > by my colleague David Abramson.
>>
>> Yes, that's right -- by David Abramson and Rok Sosic, a close friend
>> of mine. :)
>>
>> Jim, I wish I had realized that David was there at Monash. When I got
>> up to Brisbane and tried to look him up, I realized that I'd just
>> missed him down there with you.

Yes, David moved here at the beginning of '97. Took over from me as
Department Head. (Yippee! Free, free, .....)

>> > We have built a cluster of rack-mounted 330MHz Pentiums specifically for
>> > running Clustor-based applications. We can use either Linux (RH at
>> > present) or NT or a mixture of the two.
>>
>> How many machines do you use?

16 I think initially. We're working on a remote boot manager so that a
controller can say "OK, NT on #1 to #7, Linux on #8 to ..." Modified
bootroms a la Netware I think.

Jim

--
Jim Breen        School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Email: j.breen@example.com                Monash University