Re: tlug: NT offers upgrade incentive to Turbo Linux

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	Question: Does anyone know if TL will run on an IBM ThinkPAD
> 760EL?
>
> This all started as a simple problem, I was having trouble with an app
> that would only run and Administrator. I found some reference on the
> web that if you install a service pack, and later install a new app,
> you have to reinstall the service pack. Aside from this being
> completely hat-stand way of doing things, I went ahead and did it
> anyway.
>
> After it finished and rebooted, I got:
>
> can't find ntoskrnl.exe
>
> This was not good :(
>
> After 15 thousand reboots from floopy, trying numerous things, I
> sighed and reinstalled NT.
>
> Anyway, I like to get away from this excuse of an OS as much as
> possible, but unfortunately still need it for Word and some of our own
> apps. If I can get it to dual boot I'll be very happy to upgrade to
> TL.

It's been a long time since I've used LILO with WinNT.. it worked way back
when, but.. I've heard people have trouble with it, lately.  AND, I don't
have NT around here in the shop to test it... anyone know if/how it works
with NT? (LILO, that is...)

You can also just make a TurboLinux boot disk and use that to boot Linux,
and boot NT from the hard disk.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)