Re: tlug: Netscape Communicator 4x Japanese

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Austin Kurahone wrote:

>I've had problems using kinput2 under the hack and found out that in
>some cases
>it is neccecary to have the following in the .Xdefaults file.

Thanks for this handy info, Austin.  The .sh already had the LANG
variable but not any of the other stuff.  I put that all in and can
cut/paste Japanese into forms, but still can't do any direct input.  The
usual way to get Kinput2 going (shift-space) and the way that seems to
work only in Jpine (ctrl-space) both have no effect in Japanized
Netscape.  I'm happy with the buttons being right, though.  This has
been a major step.

Note to Scott: this hack works, so whenever you're updating the TL
Netscape RPM (to 4.05, perhaps), it would be definitely way cool to have
this built-in :-)

Thanks to everyone who responded for all the help on this!

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: