Re: tlug: Netscape Communicator 4x Japanese

From: "Austin Kurahone" <a_downunder@example.com>
Subject: tlug: Netscape Communicator 4x Japanese
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 02:18:50 PDT

a_downunder> The problem that I've found with the hack is that when I input Japanese,
a_downunder> it spits out
a_downunder> various errors onto my terminal.

I always get messages like this, independent of doing input or not.
They also appear when I go to the Preferences menu. Any idea on what
they mean?

netscape:
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Value in failed request:  0x86ee3bf
  Serial number of failed request:  10769
  Widget hierarchy of resource: unknown

Also, I remember that someone (Craig?) mentioned that there's another
hack to change the Japanese fonts, giving them an aspect better than
those bit-mapped like fonts. Anyone knows how to do it?

Alberto Tomita/Japan/IBM      atomita@example.com
Tokyo Research Laboratory     LAB-S76 ext. 185-4636

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: