tlug: Re: NEC Aterm IW60

From: Sean Bennett <sean@example.com>
Subject: tlug: Re: NEC Aterm IW60
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 18:44:13 +0900

sean> system.  Do you know/have any firsthand experience on whether the NEC Aterms are a problem to set up/use under
sean> English W95 (gasp... in a Linux users group - sorry ;-); I'm interested in how you make out setting it up under
sean> Linux as well...).

Should be no problem under Windows.  It seems to be the most widely supported
platform for the IW60. There was a lot of software, manuals, CD, and stuff
for Windows '95-J.  The networking stuff is the same in English and
Japnese, so it should be okay.  I've never tried it though.

sean> Also, you mentioned that you with the IW60 you can also connect toe the NTT public network from within your home -
sean> do you mean you can use your PHS phone as a cordless phone and and use it make/receive calls over the regular NTT
sean> network (at the lower phone rates), like with the NTT PHS homestation??

Yes.

sean> It's no fun being the 'guineapig'...; I hope you get your Aterm/Linux bugs worked out.  gambatte ne!

I can make it work under Linux now.  You can too!  :-)

There are a bunch of other cool features to it too.  After I got it working
with Linux, I gave up reading the manual.

You must register your PHS phone into the NEC Aterm IW60 at the store
to get it to work as a home station.  You can't do it yourself.

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691