projector Re: tlug: June 13

From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
Subject: Re: tlug: June 13
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:35:54 +0900 (JST)

turnbull> >>>>> "Scott" == Scott Stone <sstone@example.com> writes:
turnbull>
turnbull>     Scott> On Tue, 26 May 1998 craigoda@example.com wrote:
turnbull>
turnbull>     >> Scott, do you need a projector that connect to your laptop?
turnbull>
turnbull>     Scott> How do those work, I can just run emacs on my laptop and my
turnbull>     Scott> whole X display shows up on the screen?  That'd be
turnbull>     Scott> super-duper.  do we have access to one?
turnbull>
turnbull> Yeah, I'd like to maybe try MagicPoint.  That would be cool.

Projectors usually attach to the monitor output of a laptop.  They
then project the video output of what normally goes to the monitor
to a screen.

There are a couple of things.

1) I wrote to Joe Marchak earlier to ask him about the availability
	of a projector.  There is one in their office, but they have
	never used it and it is brand new.  Thus, this is an extra
	complication in the setup and **we might not get it working**
	in time for the demo.

2) If you never used a projector for a demo before, you have to watch
	out for small type sizes.  Something like MagicPoint would
	be much more readable than the equivalent of 12 pixel fonts
	within an editor or kterm.  The Linux console might be usuable
	or a 24 pixel font.

3) Be prepared for the worst case and bring some printed matter if possible.

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691