tlug: tlug.gr.jp and new admin list

Hi,
we recently got a message from Cliff Miller, president of Pacific
HiTech, our sponsor for TLUG bandwidth, that they are reviewing their
Internet provider and would like to wait on the JPNIC registration
of the TLUG tlug.gr.jp setsuzoku jyouhou information until they sort
this out.   This will take a few weeks.  Thus, we won't be able to
use that tlug.gr.jp domain for at least a few more weeks.

Ken Harada has kindly volunteered to call the ISP on behalf of
PHT and get them to process the setsuzoku jyouhou with JPNIC.
We're still unsure of the payment to the ISP, but it should be
somewhere in the 5,000 to 10,000 yen per year range.

I'm going to create a tlug-admin list for people that are interested
in volunteering their time and to help TLUG set and reach its goals.
It is planned to be an open list where any TLUG member can join,
post and read.  There has been some talk about rolling the tlug-server
list under the new tlug-admin list.  However, I haven't been able to
read all my e-mail to find out what the result of that discussion was.

Also, the Perl Journal Japan project is in high gear.  Interested
people should join the tpj-jp@example.com majordomo list.

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craig
TWICS business: tel 03-3351-5977   e-mail craig@example.com
Send important e-mail to both addresses.

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: