Re: tlug: Cathedral and Bazaar Japanese 03.31 draft

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Craig Oda wrote:

> I've taken out the META tag for charset specification.  Hopefully,
> most browser will be able to detect the EUC encoding now.  I didn't
> know what the charset specification for EUC was.

I think it's x-euc-jp, at least for Netscape.
See http://people.netscape.com/ftang/meta.html
Then again, the MIME name should be just euc-jp,
according to ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/character-sets
so I don't know the justification for the x.

I have not tried EUC myself.  Anyway, no META tag should be good
for browsers on Japanese auto-detect, but not good for browsers
set to default on other languages.

--
David Beutel                       "Such fragrance---
jdb@example.com                           from where,

a word from the sponsor: