RE: tlug: Net Day

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Jonathan Byrne--3Web wrote:

> >(1) We should roust old Ryuu-kun (you know, the PM) into paying for
> >this.
>
> If he would stop smoking so much and quit putting all that disgusting axle
> grease on his hair (he must really smell bad), he could probably donate
> enough money to put a web server in every school all by himself :-)

Any school that wants an internet connection gets one, courtesy of
the Monbusho. However, that's not the same as having a Linux machine
running apache, etc. In order for all schools to have dedicated server
machines, he'd have to give up a lot more than his smokes and grease.
Probably have to forgo the no-pan shabu-shabu, etc. :-)  Once all the
fiber optic cables are in place, then it might become feasible (hey,
only another 8 years away now!).

David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki