Re: tlug: Re: TLUG Server (Hardware)

Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>     "Jonathan> A Maxtor Diamond Max 2160 8.4 GB is actually right
>     "Jonathan> around that price in Akihabara.  Average is around
>     "Jonathan> 45,000 yen, which is well under US$400, even with 5%
>     "Jonathan> tax added.

> Jonathan,

>         OK, I give up, where in Akihabara. I've seen wide scsi 4.2gb
> for 36,000, but 8.4 for 45,000. I'm drooling....

> Actually, I need to get a bunch of wide ultra 3 scsi disks for work,
> and I'm too cheap to pay SunExpress or other vendors the outrageous
> prices they want.. :)

I know two shops that have the very reasonable HDs one is called Trisal
the other one The Graceful if you don't know where they are located just
hang around Laox and Tsukumo Denki (sometimes near Tokyo-Mitsubishi
Bank). Some guys there hand you fliers (B4 size the red ones are from
Trisal the blue ones from The Graceful). Both fliers have a map printed
on so you can find them without any problems.

On the last flier I picked up the Maxtor 88400D-8.4GB is:

Yen 44,381  (The Graceful)
Yen 44,400  (Trisal)
(don't remember if tax is included)

The flier is 2 weeks old, they might be even cheaper by now :-)

urs
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station