Re: tlug: Anglicization - Re: Server Name?

<199803010950.SAA01582@example.com>の記事において
gaijin@example.comさんは書きました。
>>   I know there's a name for this particular method of anglicization
>>   (the transliteration of "sh" to "s" and "tsu" to "tu"). Does anyone
>>   know what it is, so that I can create some "****** hantai!" signs to
>>   nail to the wall outside the Education Ministry?  :-)  :-)
>>
>>   I've already sent email to Ken on this and I'd like to state publicly
>>   that this is in no way an attack upon him (exactly the opposite...
>>   I'd like to thank him for suggesting some good names). I have to say
>>   though, that I'm very strongly against "simbasi" or "atugi" or any
>>   other word anglicized in this peculiar way.
>>
>>   Is it *just* me, or is this like fingernails down a blackboard to
>>   other native English speakers, too?

Hi,

As I just wrote in my direct email to John, the strange spelling I raised
are only for shortening the names.  I myself feel very unconfortable to
salute to "Nisi" san, "Kisi" san etc.

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com
http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station