Re: tlug: Hello...

Good Morning, everybody.
 I'm now using 'Fujitsu FMV-5133 np5/w'. This is a Pentium 133MHz
notebook.

> One thing to watch out for is that it seems a lot of laptops use a
> Neomagic video card.  This video card is
> not supported by Xfree86, so I make sure you do not get a laptop with this
> video card.  As I understand, this card uses a chip that somehow combines
> some functions that used to take more than one chip and therefore makes it
> smaller and therefore attractive to laptop makers.  Therefore,
> unfortunately, it is common in laptops.
 A simple advice is 'Don't buy PC98'. When you see laptops with Widows95,
be sure it's not made by NEC. PC98 Windows95 is widely used in Japan. But
it isn't supported by Linux.

 I used Linux on Fujitsu, Akia and Compaq. I can use XFree86 on those
notebook computers.

Spring has come on Japanese calender.
Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.