Re: tlug: Red Hat 5.0 tetex and jlatex?

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Craig Oda wrote:

> I want to set up red hat so that I can use latex2html on my
> linux-nihongo doc.  The thought occurred to me that I might
> be able to include Japanese in the document itself this time
> as text instead of graphics.  I was wondering if I can
> install tetex and Japanese latex on the same system
> without any compatibility problems.  What is the best

At least the pTeX that is installed as part of PJE has an
entirely different directory structure than that of English
TeX.  Therefore, you can install both on your system.  I have
that set-up in Slackware.  I have to be careful how you call
TeX though.  That is pTeX will install a symbolic link called
latex.  If that is in your path before the English Latex, then
the Japanese version will be called.  I have my path set-up
such that the English version is called with latex and a japanese
version is called with jlatex.  There are things that I am not
all that familiar with latex that may be screwed because of this
set-up, but until now it has not caused me any problems.

Rob

Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: