Re: HylaFAX again

    Dennis>   Hi all, I've mostly managed to get HylaFAX set up and
    Dennis> working (it has been a ridiculous pain in the ass!).  I
    Dennis> can now send and receive faxes (and it is nice to be able
    Dennis> to send ascii or postscript files).

    Dennis>   The problem is that unless I run 'faxsetup' each time I
    Dennis> have rebooted the machine, I can't send outbound faxes
    Dennis> (can receive, though).  The error I get is odd:

THere are two ways you can get the modem setup for faxes.I'm in
Palo-Alto at the moment, so I can't access my machine to tell you the
particulars, but it boils down to this. If you have it setup to
receive faxes, then the modem and faxq are automatically
initialized. If you have it setup for send only, then you manually
have to setup the modem and faxq ( or is it hfaxd ? ) with faxsetup
(?). Sorry I don't remember the details. I highly recomend installing
the html pages, as they document the system quite well.

Regards,

	Andy

Here is the script I use to start it up:

#!/bin/sh

if [ -f /usr/local/lib/fax/hfaxd ] ; then
        echo " "
        echo "Starting Hylafax Daemon"
        /usr/local/lib/fax/hfaxd -i hylafax -o fax
else
        echo "Unable to find /usr/local/lib/fax/hfaxd. hfaxd not
started"
fi
if [ -f /var/spool/fax/bin/faxq ] ; then
        echo " "
        echo "Starting Hylafax Fax Queue Daemon"
        /var/spool/fax/bin/faxq
else
        echo "Unable to find /var/spool/fax/bin/faxq. faxq not started"
fi
if [ -f /var/spool/fax/bin/start_cua1 ] ; then
        echo " "
        echo "Starting modem on cua1"
         /var/spool/fax/bin/start_cua1
else
        echo "Unable to find  /var/spool/fax/bin/start_cua1. Fax modem on cua1 not started"
fi

start_cua1 is:

#!/bin/sh

/var/spool/fax/bin/faxmodem -c
"(0,1),(0-3),(0-2),(0-2),(0),(0),(0),(0-7)" cua1