Re: HylaFAX again

    Dennis> 	"Your facsimile job to 7719155 was not sent because
    Dennis> the document conversion script was not found.  ...

    Dennis>   Now, this gs_init.ps is in the right place (there's even
    Dennis> a link to it from the one other place it might be).
    Dennis> Ghostview, ghostscript and so on run fine (as does 'sendfax',
    Dennis> but only if I've rerun 'faxsetup').  And in fact I just
    Dennis> had a look and the document conversion has at least gotten
    Dennis> as far as converting the file I'm trying to send from
    Dennis> ascii to postscript.

Yes, that jibes with the fact the the error is in the Ghostscript
step.

    Dennis> I shouldn't be having this problem.
    Dennis> Any ideas what is going on?

I can think of several.
  o This is a typical error if you have mixed versions of Ghostscript
    on the machine.
  o HylaFAX may be resetting $PATH for security reasons.
  o HylaFAX may be using a nonstandard gs_init.ps.
  o HylaFAX may be resetting GS_LIB.

`faxsetup' is probably just a shell script; why don't you look and see
what it does?

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi