Re: tkdic compilation?

> Failing this, any descriptions of people using xjdic22 in a work
> or play
> environment?  Is it better to just keep using the paper kenkyuusha
> waeijiten and a canon wordtank?  For example, I'm about to go
> buy some pastries for breakfast and am going to buy a newspaper or
> a magazine.
> I was thinking of using xjdic22 to help me read it, but then I'm
> supposed to be relaxing on Sunday, so I don't want to waste
> four hours learning the interface...

I think were xjdxgen excels is when reading web pages, simply paste words
into xjdic from Netscape and press enter.  There's nothing faster, as far
as I know. (Besides learning more kanji. ^_^)
  I'm glad I finally got this to work, because for a while I was actually
keeping up with Wine development just so I could get JWP to run in Linux
to use its Edict-based dictionary.  All I can say is, Wine has a long way
to go...
  If you want to try this, I think you need to run in xjdic in pxvt since
for some strange reason, kterm won't properly accept pastes in Japanese,
though its fine for Roman characters.

Shige Abe
sabe@example.com