Re: Linux Books

Form: Reply
Header: Adaptec
Text: (12 lines follow)
Hi all,
  Just got back from a morning/aft. of shopping in Akihabara.  The Laser 5
Linux package comes bundled in a VHS type package now, and is available at
T-zone for about Y 7000, it is kernal version 1.2x.  In the Eigo book corner
they had only one Linux book / CD option called "The Complete Linux" or
something like that, but was old, had kernal 1.1 of Slackware distribution.

Back in the Japanese section, Redhat and other distributions were also
available at T-zone.

Ted

Original text: (45 lines follow)
>From owner-tlug@example.com, on 3/13/96 11:23 AM:
To: tlug@example.com

Hi Darren

I was searching for Infomagic a  month ago ....
I got a couple of address from Infomagic but they seem
to be wrong
Here they are
	CD-ROM SHOP LASER5                    NPS INC.
	Itsutsubashi Research Co.	      Shuwa Yoyogi Bldg
	2-62-8-203 Higashi-Ikebukuro	      4-26-15 Sendagaya
	Toshima-ku, Tokyo		      Shibuya-ky, Tokyo
	JAPAN 170			      JAPAN  151
	Tel:  (+81) 35-952-7486		      Tel:  (+81) 3-3405-0511
	Fax:  (+81) 45-721-1885		      Fax:  (+81) 3-3405-5410 or 5877

	VILLAGE CENTER INC.
	Sun Light Bldg 6F
	3-2 Kanda Jinbo-cho
	Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
	JAPAN  101
	Tel:  (+81) 3-3221-3525
	Fax:  (+81) 3-3221-3528

I think NPS has stopped supplying Infomagic
CD-ROM LASER5 has the WRONG phone number
In the end I went to a shop that is 3-4 shops before Laox
Bookstore in Akihabara . Its on the 4th floor and there I
brought the Winter Edition 6 CD Version of YYdrassill
Found no problems with the Initial Installation .. more
problems with NT/Window 95  . Still I`ve to install my
SoundBlaster 16 Card

If you want more info on the shop above , email me

About Java Books , I`m searching as well ;->
No good ones I`ll say for a while

regards
leo
glynn@example.com