Re: [tlug] Connecting cameras as webcams

> Thanks. I managed to track down someone saying the X-T200 does work in
> Linux (but webcam mode itself is not very good!):
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxhardware/comments/hgsyqr/anyone_used_the_fujifilm_xt200_with_the_new/g103kir/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

In general all Fuji cameras should work on Linux through gphoto2 — the only
issue is that the resolution is 640x480 (I use an X-T2). What the software that
Fuji released recently does it bump up the resolution to 1024x768 — apparently
that's a permanent change in the firmware and once you've done it once you also
get the higher resolution on Linux, according to some users. I've tried to do
that with Wine, but couldn't get it to work. More information at https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-webcam-how-to-use-your-fujifilm-camera-with-obs-and-fujifilm-x-webcam-on-linux/

If you're not set on an actual camera, a Android phone might be a good
alternative. You get a higher resolution and all you need is the IP Webcam app
(free) on the phone and the Android debugger and ffmpeg on the Linux side. It's
as easy as connecting the phone, starting the app, and running something like

adb forward tcp:1234 tcp:8080
modprobe v4l2loopback
ffmpeg -re -i http://127.0.0.1:1234/video -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -threads 0 -f v4l2 /dev/video4

to port forward from localhost to the phone and pipe the output into a virtual
video device that you can then use just like a webcam. Works without a wired
connection.

Cheers,

Lars

Home | Main Index | Thread Index