Re: [tlug] Calibre/ebook readers

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020, at 09:07, Darren Cook wrote:
> While on the subject, any comments on Japanese ebooks on Linux? It seems
> English publications are more likely to be in DRM-free format; some
> Japanese publications even seem to want you to install their own app.

The only "Japanese" ebook format I've ever used is EPWING through Qolibri or ebview (both use libeb as their backend) [1][2]. It's typically used for dictionaries, but from what I can tell it would also make a fine general-purpose ebook format as it supports hypertext and embedded content. In fact I got a Holy Bible edition as part of my EPWING book collection [3].

[1] https://github.com/ludios/qolibri
[2] https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/ebview/ebview.1.en.html
[3] https://0x0.2ion.de/1kn0fhzly/91w20w.png

Home | Main Index | Thread Index