Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 20.04 (Was: Ubuntu 18.04 - changing grub parameters)

On 5/4/20 4:47 AM, Jim Breen wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I installed it and it seems I've got pretty much
the Gnome Classic I wanted. Quite a lot of things had to be tweaked,
e.g. Mozc Japanese input, but it mostly seems to be back where I want
it.

... Hummm... I'd say you just probably messed with your brand new system... And that's precisely why things "suddenly" stop working as expected... It's like you're the computer manufacturer here... Don't go " apt-get install " at will...

Have you seen " sudo apt install gnome-shell-extensions "?

Take a look:
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/06/enable-gnome-classic-mode-ubuntu

I'd wait for a bit. I had to move to it for up-to-date graphics
drivers but I prefer to let things settle. It's like buying a car -
never get a model in its first year of production.

I disagree. Go ahead with confidence. (isn't like Volkswagen trying a new all-electric lineup...)

I wish you all well! フェルナンド