Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 20.04 (Was: Ubuntu 18.04 - changing grub parameters)

On Mon, 4 May 2020 at 01:14, steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> I liked Gnome Classic too but something I liked (forgot what) stopped
> working between 16 and 18 (I think -- long time ago...) so I started
> looking for a replacement.  I've been using Mate since.  I understand
> it's based on the old Gnome.

Thanks for the tip. I installed it and it seems I've got pretty much
the Gnome Classic I wanted. Quite a lot of things had to be tweaked,
e.g. Mozc Japanese input, but it mostly seems to be back where I want
it.

> I haven't installed 20.04 Ubuntu yet.  That's still in the que.

I'd wait for a bit. I had to move to it for up-to-date graphics
drivers but I prefer to let things settle. It's like buying a car -
never get a model in its first year of production.

Thanks sgsin.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University