Re: [tlug] Cheap e-mail providers

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 12:46:28PM -0400, Jens John wrote:
> If you need just forwarding, then setting up a postfix should be simple enough.

I was also thinking 'for that money, you could get a virtual server
and host for yourself', but
- Andy seemed to want it hosted by someone else,
  hosting yourself comes with the price of having to maintain
  (adapt configs, update the services from time to time), not
  everybody wants that
- you also need to pay for the delegated domain, and host DNS
  yourself or have that done
- and a hosted site/mail system might also include something
  with better availability than a single own server, for
  example multiple webservers behind a load balancer to in-
  crease availability

It's surprising that the price of getting this hosted is in
the area of hosting it by oneself.

Chris