Re: [tlug] Journals, Authors and 'Free Peer Review'

Hi

On 25 September 2018 at 21:34, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:

The points I raised weren't actually by me but by an ACM
society that was conducting a survey last year that was
asking for opinions from their members.  That's when I
realized this whole issue of preprint servers is by no means
"solved".

At ACM, using ArXiv.org is not an issue. In fact there are several ACM virtual journals
now that are overlays, their articles are links to ArXiv.org. ACM has embraced this trend.

It is the Pearsons and brethren who may take an issue because to them it is not about
eminating scientific knowledge, for them it is only about making money and they may
well perceive open sourcing scientific articles as a thread to their business model.

I seriously recommend you read that artcile by K.Apt ;-)