[tlug] Timed licenses? (and eschrow/smart contracts)

Has anyone heard of a license that is commercial for X amount of time,
and then becomes an open source license?

Or variations on this idea, such as putting code into some kind of
eschrow, where that code is under, say, an MIT license, and is set to be
unlocked after a certain date.

Darren

P.S. I know Ethereum apps can have this kind of eschrow unlocking logic
in. But if the trigger is a certain date, surely that is always trivial
to forge. Are there are any approaches for reliable date-limited
contracts being worked on? (I.e. fully automated, fully open - i.e. not
involving lawyers or other 3rd parties).