Re: [tlug] fanless pcs

Benjamin Kowarsch <trijezdci@example.com> wrote:
> On 4 July 2018 at 17:36, Curt Sampson wrote:
> > The GT710 is a short, low-profile card that will run 4K resolution
> > (though only at 30 Hz) and it costs about ¥3000.
>
> As far as I can tell, that card is PCIe 16x. The ThinkCentre M55 only has a
> PCI and a PCIe 1x slot. I don't think there are any PCIe 1x graphics cards

You are (sort of) in luck that there is exactly one PCIe x1 GT710 on
the market.

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000872584/

Too bad there's nothing better (say a GT1030 which can drive 2 4k 60Hz
displays) for the moment, unless you try a x1 to x16 extension like
those used by bitcoin miners, which given the additional cost perhaps
you are not willing to.

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000965888/

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>