Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?

On 2017-02-13 16:52, Darren Cook wrote:
> What are people using? Or what choices do you not recommend? I mainly
> use Skype for 1-on-1 calls, sometimes video, often just audio.
> Screen-sharing is nice to have every now and again.

I use Google Hangouts (the web app) for all of those things. I find the
interface to be a bit easier to navigate than Skype. Actual
functionality for the things you list works about as well though. It
offers a very smooth experience when run under the Chrome browser; i use
Firefox as my normal browser but keep Chrome installed and fire it up
just for the various Google Apps that work better with it.

__
Daniel Ramaley | Server Engineer 2
Information Technology Services | Drake University
T: +1 (515) 271-4540
W: http://its.drake.edu/