Re: [tlug] Supporting Old Versions of Python 2 (was Re: perl? (was: Employment for "oldies"))

On 19 August 2016 at 09:17, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:

> Caveat: I have no idea if there are pragmas that change Perl's
> DWIMmish behavior vs. barewords and strings interpreted as integers
> etc.  If there are, and they are actually used in the great majority of
> CPAN modules, I'll retract that [...]

"use strict" goes a long way to changing DWIM to DWIS, but strings can
still be integers and vice-versa.

Tragically, the strict pragma is not used in the great majority of
CPAN modules. I would say that the majority of *good* CPAN modules do
use it, however.

But I don't think you owe us a retraction. ;)

Cheers,
Josh