Re: [tlug] presentation wish list

Hi Steve,

On 2014年10月12日 01:38, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Travis Cardwell writes:
>
>  >   flex & bison
>
> I've written a parser-generator in Lisp, but it kinda sucked.  Maybe
> someday...

Yoshi brought up flex and bison, saying that he would be happy to present.
 If there is interest in the topic, perhaps we could have a parsing-theme
meeting where different methods of parsing are explored.

>  >   (La)TeX
>
> We should get Frank Bennett (U. Nagoya Law School) to talk about
> that.  Last I heard he was kinda sick of TeX, though, so we might need
> to schedule the nomikai before the talk (or around it, or through
> it...).

That would be great, if he is up for it!

I put (La)Tex on the list, by the way, because there has been some
interest in the subject on the mailing list.  What I had in mind was
teaching how to create one's own class files, or perhaps a tutorial on how
to create technical presentations with Beamer, Tikz, and FancyVrb.

By the way, the last LaTex presentation was "LaTeX for creating Japanese
letters" in January 2008:

http://tlug.jp/wiki/Meetings:2008:01

>  >   music creation
>
> I would love to get David Kastrup (maintainer of GNU Lilypond) to talk
> about Lilypond (which is about recording music on paper, not about
> making it, but still...).  But I doubt he ever gets to Japan.

+1 ;)

>  > Do you see any topics that you know about or would like to learn?  Please
>  > consider presenting! :)
>
> DMARC, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the IETF

That reminds me: during the discussion, Edward mentioned that there might
be interest in a presentation about open source licenses.

Cheers,

Travis