Re: [tlug] [CFP] Call for presenters - July 26 Technical Meeting

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 09:21:07AM +0900, Travis Cardwell wrote:
> On 2014年06月24日 20:27, A.Tomita wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 20:32:08 +0200 Christian Horn wrote:
> >> "i18n on Linux" and "RHEL roadmap" are the most interesting to
> >> me from the above.
> >> Slides to all of the above are already on the net.
> >
> > they both sound interesting, at least to me.
> >
> > we could also do the short-presentation format again,
> > so you could talk about both topics...

Could be done.. also fitting both into 45min would cut down
very much.  But would leave room for the bullet points.

> > and how about
> > a short CLI + quiz combo > Travis, Kalin ?
>
> How about we give the meeting a Japanese theme?  I found the "i18n on
> Linux" slides on Christian's website, and see that the presentation
> provides an introduction to i18n basics, including encodings and locales.

Yes, it's rather touching all of the topics than going into
depth.

>  How about I follow that presentation up with a "Japanese on Linux"
> presentation that builds on top of Christian's, covering the following topics?
>
> * demo/comparison of different input methods
> * overview of Japanese fonts
> * demo of Japanese (GUI) software

Sounds very interesting to me, I would like to hear about
these topics.

cheers,
Chris