Re: [tlug] [CFP] Call for presenters - July 26 Technical Meeting

On 2014年06月24日 20:27, A.Tomita wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 20:32:08 +0200 Christian Horn wrote:
>> "i18n on Linux" and "RHEL roadmap" are the most interesting to
>> me from the above.
>> Slides to all of the above are already on the net.
>
> they both sound interesting, at least to me.
>
> we could also do the short-presentation format again,
> so you could talk about both topics... and how about
> a short CLI + quiz combo > Travis, Kalin ?

How about we give the meeting a Japanese theme?  I found the "i18n on
Linux" slides on Christian's website, and see that the presentation
provides an introduction to i18n basics, including encodings and locales.
 How about I follow that presentation up with a "Japanese on Linux"
presentation that builds on top of Christian's, covering the following topics?

* demo/comparison of different input methods
* overview of Japanese fonts
* demo of Japanese (GUI) software

Cheers,

Travis

----

Proposed title: Japanese on Linux

Proposed description: Continuing with the Japanese theme, Travis will give
a demonstration/comparison of Japanese input methods, an overview of
Japanese fonts, and a demonstration of Japanese (GUI) software.  The
presentation targets beginners as well as those who have been using the
same Japanese software for a long time and are curious about what else is
available.