Re: [tlug] 2014-05-10 Linux Quiz

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 11 May 2014 14:50, Travis Cardwell <travis.cardwell@example.com> wrote:

> Getting it to work on my workstation was straightforward, but my MacBook
> Pro laptop proved to be quite a challenge.  (In order to avoid a long
> rant, let me just say: Never buy Apple products when at all possible!)

I'll amend that somewhat, if I may.

Never buy Apple products unless:

a) You're developing software for Apple products and thus must have
Xcode inflicted on you
b) You are not developing software on them, want them to Just Work
(TM), and have accepted the Apple ecosystem lock-in
c) You actually like Apple products and know how to use them

We have both GNU/Linux and Mac at home. Playing nicely. At least I can
manage my wife's mac remotely (including my daily rsync based backup script).

I never tried a display (for one window, I don't speak about VNC or so),
from/to our 2 machines, however.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.