Re: [tlug] 2014-05-10 Linux Quiz

It is very good!

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Travis Cardwell
<travis.cardwell@example.com> wrote:
> Thank you to everybody who contributed questions to the Linux Quiz as well
> as everybody who attended!  A PDF including the questions that were
> covered is linked to from the following article:
>
> http://www.extellisys.com/articles/20140510-tlug-linux-quiz

I will use this quizz in my Brittany LUG, with your permission.

I have some remarks:

First question ("rm"):
I would add (and prefer) "rm ./-r". The "--" syntax is specific to GNU rm.

Question about ".??*". To show the difference, we could add a ".1"
file the the "ls -d .?*" command (where both .. and .1 are excluded.

The "find" question: Would you think useful to show the difference
between "-exec {} +" and "-exec {} \;" ? for instance:
find . -exec echo {} +
find . -exec echo {} \;

The "killall" page does not have "killall" command. Is it on purpose?

About redirection, but maybe going too far, we could add something
about temporary stdout redirection, without loosing the handler, in a
script (bash only):
For instance "exec 3>&1 >${TMPFILE}" and "exec 1>&3 3>&-".

It is important to say that some questions are for bash only.

The presentation is already so heavy, I wonder if basic "test" could
be added ("if", etc...). Including the bashisms "["/"[[" and "test"
command. Or maybe a second slide-show only about scripting.

br.

PS. Would it be possible to have the document (I don't know in which
format it was written) somewhere so we could directly edit it? A wiki,
for example. Or writable document.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.