Re: [tlug] [OT] Mt.Gox Debacle. Please Comment.

On 26/02/2014 13:08, Brian LaVallee wrote:
I think Mt.Gox (and possibly other exchanges) have made a simple and fundamental mistake.
I do think that Mt.Gox did a decent job throughout the world.

It you're a financial services company making simple and fundamental mistakes with potentially $500m of other people's money - and then disappearing - it's difficult to see how that counts as "doing a decent job."

They established a number of international payment points.  But they also
faced some (ongoing) regulatory challenges, and money laundering accusations.

I thought the whole reason why people rave about Bitcoin is that it can be used for money laundering. Sorry, I mean "borderless, untraceable transactions."