Re: [tlug] A Crowdfunding Crash

On 1 August 2013 07:03, David Blomberg <dblomber@example.com> wrote:

>     The part I find amazing is people going ape over losing 100$ for
> this.   I lost thousands to BS 401Ks and the failure rates of
> kickstarters is not that far off from normal businesses.

A good point that the article makes is that funders are not investing
(as they get no equity), but rather pre-ordering a product and paying
up front. Imagine how angry you'd be if Amazon billed you at the time
of purchase of a book, which then never shipped, and then did not
refund your purchase.

Cheers,
Josh