Re: [tlug] Recommendation for router with range

On 06/03/2013 08:05 PM, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com> wrote:

Thanks for all the links Nikolay. It's funny because I'm the last poster on
the first link you gave :)

Ha, small world :)

I've been able to get TFTP to upload firmware but the router just never
seems to accept it. I've tried the stock US Buffalo firmware, both
encrypted and decrypted. (I did set accept_open_rt_fmt 1)

It didn't work for me (WZR300) at first either, but IIRC, I
first flashed the US firmware via the Web interface and then
DD-WRT via TFTP. You might want to try with the simple
('user friendly' or some such) version, if available.
I *think* that you cannot load the encrypted firmware via TFTP,
you have to go through the Web interface first.