Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
- Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 00:03:55 +0800
- From: Raymond Wan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
- References: <CADsHW+jz98jtJKpsJidoR4BkMM3+LqkOwjsg7x83h=q2Hs=HoA@mail.gmail.com>
Hi Shmuel, On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Shmuel Fomberg <email@example.com> wrote: > I brought last August a LED lamp from big camera, and now the line between the power supplier and the lamp broken. > I still have the box and receipts. it appear to have some warranty, but I'm not sure the time span or if it covers the power supplier. When you buy something from Bic Camera, most of the time, they do one of two things (sometimes both). If the item has a warranty inside the box, they open it and stamp it. Also, they sometimes give you a receipt and a warranty after you paid. Perhaps on one of these, there should be the terms of the warranty. > Do you think that the supplier is still under warranty? > If it is, should I just show up in the store and ask for replacement? > If not, where is a good place to buy a replacement? Big camera? Akihabara? > > It is just a low-amp supplier with a long cable... I suppose there is no harm in asking, but you can save yourself a trip and them a headache if you skim through the warranty for anything that looks like a duration. e.g., "1 year", etc. Quite frankly, few places in the world (Japan included) would give you a replacement after having used it since August. Great if they offer it to you, but don't get your hopes up! By then, it's hard to argue that it's a manufacture defect... But, if it is still within the year, they may direct you to the manufacturer instead for you to explain yourself. I've never tried this myself, but I *think* in some cases, you have to pay for shipping. Not too sure... Ray
- Re: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
- From: Darren Cook
- [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
- From: Shmuel Fomberg
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links