Re: [tlug] HELP: Ubuntu 12.04 Input not Supported error

first of all thank you for the response smith.

i did an ubuntu upgrade from 11.04 to 12.04 using the synaptics. at first things were fine.
but when it started to reboot after the upgrade i got the error.

my graphics card is Matrox 32MB. very low graphic card and i am using a very old computer Pentium 4 2.3ghz.
i suspect it has something to do with my hardware

so far i did some tweaking on my xorg.conf to minimize the monitor res but nothing happens.

jong

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:39 AM, s smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:
On 09/09/2012 10:01 AM, jong pairez wrote:
> im having problem with ubuntu 12.04 i got "input not supprted" on my
> screen. i tried the forums but i don't know how to enter the Safe
> Graphics Mode to configure the screen size that causes "Input not
> Supported" msg. please help!
Hi Jong.  You will have to give a whole lot more information before
anyone can help you.  What hardware are you using?  What have you done
so far?  How are you installing?  Is this a live-boot from a CD?  Did
your system work from a live-boot CD? etc. etc.

Steve S.

fixed broadband Internet services to individuals and corporations.
Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/

--
Online Portfolio and Resume
http://jongportfolio.blogspot.com/