Re: [tlug] HELP: Ubuntu 12.04 Input not Supported error

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 02:01:36 +0900, jong pairez <jong.pairez@example.com> wrote:

> ... "input not supprted" ...

Messages can be indirect and misleading.
Nonetheless, I noticed that it mentions input, not output.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:21:22 +0900, jong pairez <jong.pairez@example.com> wrote:

> my graphics card is Matrox 32MB. very low graphic card and i am using a
> very old computer Pentium 4 2.3ghz.
> i suspect it has something to do with my hardware

The CPU likely does not matter.
Your graphics card is for output (not input as mentioned in message).
It might or might not be relevant.

> i did an ubuntu upgrade from 11.04 to 12.04 using the synaptics.

What do you mean by "using the synaptics"?

> at first
> things were fine.
> but when it started to reboot after the upgrade i got the error.

Likely, you have some kind of driver issue.

> so far i did some tweaking on my xorg.conf to minimize the monitor res but
> nothing happens.

_If_ the problem is related to input as the message suggested,
then I would not expect tweaking an output device to matter.

At one's login screen, Try selecting Unity 2D instead of Unity (3D).

Also consider playing with different live media versions of *buntu,
especially such as Xubuntu and Lubuntu.