Re: [tlug] Skype & PaX

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:55:15PM -1000, David J Iannucci wrote:

> I've now installed the new 4.0, and a little surprised at how little it
> seems to have changed from 2.2 beta, except the addition of at least
> one major bug causing a crash & burn :-/ I'd advise anyone thinking of
> upgrading not to be in any rush.... I see almost nothing here to
> recommend it yet...

Slightly nicer graphics, seems a bit more prone to crash--the Fedora rpm installs more easily might be
Fedora's doing, rather than Skype's.  Previously, on 64 bit systems, one had to manually get a lot of the
32 bit libs, now one can download the 32 bit rpm, run yum install <rpm_name> and it fetches all that's needed.

Seems a bit flakier on Arch than Fedora, which is the opposite of how things usually go for me, but not
well tested save on Arch.

Using it this week while my lovely wife is over there--well, in Oosaka and Hiroshima, anyway.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6