Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

Nigel Barker writes:

 > Then there is a point about not using it for war. Can they have
 > such a clause on GPL

No.

 > and BSD software?

Yes, but it's not free software any more.  (Non-copyleft licenses do
not guarantee that redistributed software is free.)

 > For sure that breaks one of the DFSG freedoms, right?

Also the Free Software Definition of the FSF[1] and OSD.

Footnotes:
[1]  Given the attempt to prevent use of GPLed software in copy
protection devices that's in GPLv3, the FSF can't really be trusted on
this, though.