Re: [tlug] What if php were british?

On 29 August 2011 16:58, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
>>  > http://www.addedbytes.com/blog/if-php-were-british/
>>
>> tl;dr (even if it was cited on TLUG)
>
> Shame, you missed a fun article. (PHP knowledge not required to enjoy
> it;

なるほど

> .... I also didn't think you needed to be British, but I could be wrong
> on that ;-)

Not at all.

I was explaining the article to my wife earlier today. She (something of
a language purist) thought "if (..)  {..} else {..}" should be "if
(..) {..} or else {...}".

I think she got the "otherwise" joke.

BTW, if a declarative language such as PHP and its many predecessors
were Japanese, how would a structure such as "if (..) {..} else {..}" be formed?

We could have a TLUG competition for Japanese-complaint computer language
constructs.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University