Re: [tlug] Thunderbird -- Cannot Create Message or Reply

On 05/09/2011 09:31 AM, David Blomberg wrote:
On 5/7/11 7:21 PM, CL wrote:

I am not seeing anything when I search for that string.

Well, after searching a different way, I came across a number of user discussion groups for a number of different products / programs reporting the same error message. It appears that the error number is a generic referral to a non-supported issue and, according to feedback on the Mozilla sites, appears to be unfixable in TBird.

So, I saved my profile subdirectory and did a complete uninstall of Thunderbird. I then re-installed TBird and recreated my accounts (there is one Mail and three News accounts, so it wasn't a big deal) from scratch, using the previous news subdirectories and newsrc files.

the file
"chrome://messenger/content/messengercompose/MsgComposeCommands.js" is
missing

If you have a similar running version you could copy it from there.. or
re-install thunderbird...

Thanks. I have T-Bird running on the WIN XP VBox and the copy over didn't work. If I understood the Mozilla discussion correctly, there is no way of breaking into and editing the file whose instruction set is causing the problem and the only solution is to recreate it.

to find your chrome directory:
http://techie-buzz.com/tips-and-tricks/where-does-google-chrome-install-itself.html

... or, use the "Find" function in Dolphin.

--
CL