Re: [tlug] Hope everone is ok

On 03/11/2011 04:47 PM, Marcus Metzler wrote:
I hope everyone got through the earthquake unharmed. Looks really bad
on NHK international.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but things are surprisingly ok for a 7.9 - 8.4 earthquake (well, out here in Tokyo). Not sure about Sendai, near the epicenter. There was a big fire out here in Odaiba, but they put it out (IMHO) fairly quickly.

Internet is ok.  :-)  Trains and mobile phones are down.

I was reading CNN and a bit disappointed that they made it sounds like the whole country is in flames. That's just going to make friends and family unnecessarily worried...

Ray