Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

2011年 3月 9日(水)1:13 am に Raymond Wan さんは書きました:
> On 03/09/2011 12:47 AM, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>> I thought that Perl came first to you, and then Python and Ruby in that
>> order.
>>
>> As I said in the original post, I need a natural programming language,
>> so Perl
>> is not an option.
>>
>> I won't leanr Ruby because simple I don't have time.
>>
>> Tcl looks good but it is completely new to me.
>
> ...including Tcl?  (Which I have used
> before, but haven't heard about it for years...didn't know
> it was still being used :-) )

A lot of 'enterprise' products started using it (some still do)
 as their scripting engine some 10 years ago. I guess it was
the only easily embeddable language with a permissive enough
license at the time. I've only used it in the context of those
products, and I don't really remember much. I also remember
first-gen Linux sysadmin GUI tools(!) were done in Tcl/Tk.

I can't testify as to whether it's good or bad, but I think
a lot of people will be 'T? what?' when you bring up Tcl.
The numbers cited in '20 things...' notwithstanding, it's
far from being a mainstream language (whether you care about
this or not is a different matter, though).