Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:15:32 +0100
- From: Christian Horn <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- References: <AANLkTin_6WKROP=23wwvKKyEHGJNMA9rsrt8zEcMp_Zp@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.18 (2008-05-17)
Hi, On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 10:35:13PM +0900, Ian Barwick wrote: > > I will be getting a new company mobile phone which I'd like to be > able to use for emergency remote administration (browser and SSH > access). The phone should be able to make and receive phone calls > of course ;), and email. Other enterprisey features not required. Also having mostly mail and ssh in mind i used my last phones. > 1) iPhone or Android? Didnt see facts relevand to me pushing me to the iphone, quite the opposite: - iphone is touchscreen only, i find this usable but less convenient for using ssh. - i would like to decise myself on what applications to run on the hardware i pay for > 2) If Android, which model? > The Samsung Galaxy S from Docomo looks like it might > fit the bill, but that's based on a quick trip through the Docomo > store. Maybe the biggest decision for you is with or without keyboard. The nokia e90 and nokia n900 i used in the past were much nicer for using ssh. Since some weeks i use a HTC desire, touchscreen only, but for me the availability of some other applications is worth that tradeoff. I would look for a nice android phone, trying out an ssh-application on it bevore. Maybe picking an android with keyboard like the HTC desire Z. Christian
- [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- From: Ian Barwick
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- Next by Date: [tlug] PC Donations and wireless card/usb dongle plea
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links