Re: [tlug] linux notebooks, virtualization, windows

> Yes, 2 cores running at 2.66GHz, compared to 4 cores running at 1.73Ghz
> is only a slight difference, but probably worth it to me.

Keep in mind the 1.73 Ghz maxes out in turbo mode at 2.93 GHz, and
that in theory the cores should idle if not in use.  What I read in
depth was a generation ago so I don't know exactly but my i7 is the
only processor I've been happy with.  I just loose track of thought if
I have to wait too long for something to compile or a process to run.
I guess that is just my mental weakness but I feel the responsiveness
is worth the little extra price.  Hey it's your main workstation!

> I'm wondering
> if these notebook's can be overclocked, but I guess heat is more of an
> issue than in a desktop. Maybe only in winter :-)

Hmmn, good one.  The chip can but do you have the fan power.

> [1]:
> http://configure.apj.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=3087zm&c=jp&l=ja&s=dhs&cs=jpdhs1
> With the 48,825 yen discount this is just about in range for me.

That looks good to me!