Re: [tlug] google ditching windows and going for open source software

As far as I know, most of the productivity app used inside google are "home grown" (eat you own dog-food style). So, according to a couple of friends working there, it's already hard to find the m$ office suite, all replaced by google docs, gmail, google calendar...

Definitely google (if what I heard is true) is in a very good position to switch, as most of it's internal processes are already one-step-removed from Microsoft, and isn't it funny how just last week their browser (Chrome) came out of beta?

I'm pretty sure that this "security threat" is just an excuse to finally move most employees away from costly licenses and standardize around their own internal set of tools, and uproot those processes that somehow still relied on m$.

And the best part of it is that we are going to get a fabulous browser for Linux (chrome) and some major enhancements and stability on google docs and friends, for free! :-) :-)

    Pier